Noticing coin-sized bald patches appear on your scalp? Castor Oil for Alopecia Areata can help! Stimulate hair follicles naturally with castor oil.
Your hair is your crowning glory, so having small patches of baldness and thinning in some areas can be a nightmare. Castor oil for alopecia areata is a great way to combat the bald patches naturally. Castor oil, as you guys know, works wonders for your hair like it does for your skin and nails.
Let’s see how castor oil can help with alopecia areata below!
In this article:
- What’s Alopecia Areata?
- How Castor Oil for Alopecia Areata Can Help
- My Boosted Recipe
What Is Alopecia Areata?
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune condition in which your immune system deliberately attacks your hair follicles. Alopecia areata is mainly characterized by patchy hair loss and is said to be due by genetics and stress. While there are treatment options available for alopecia areata, there is no cure.
With alopecia areata, hair might grow back, or it might not. But with castor oil, you can help minimize the bald patches as much as possible.
If you have been diagnosed with alopecia areata, castor oil is your magic potion! It works wonders for hair loss and baldness and does so naturally, without medication.
Apart from alopecia areata, castor oil is extremely effective for other kinds of hair loss, whether it is in your eyebrows, eyelashes or your beard. It rejuvenates the lipids, acids, and other chemicals from the inside that has an effect on how your hair grows.
Natural Ways Castor Oil Can Help
1. A simple mixture of castor oil and coconut oil. A combination of warm castor oil with coconut oil stimulates hair growth in places where hair stops growing or has started thinning. All you have to do is massage the warm oil mixture on your head especially in the bald spots.
2. Combining castor oil and essential oils. A combination of castor oil with other essential oils is also a good option. Leaving the oil on your hair overnight also improves the hair growth to a great extent. Once you start the castor oil treatment, you will hopefully see results within just a few weeks!
3. Using a DIY castor oil shampoo and conditioner. Store-bought shampoos and conditioners have some chemicals that can trigger hair loss and alopecia for people who are prone to it. To prevent this from happening, cut out these chemicals and move towards the more natural options of washing your hair.
Castor Oil for Alopecia Areata Recipe
Use this boosted recipe to help combat alopecia areata.
- 1 tbsp organic castor oil
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 3-4 drops of rosemary oil and lavender oil
Mix the ingredients together in a bowl until you have a smooth texture. Apply a small amount to any bald, patchy spots. Massage in gently.
This helps fight the hair loss process by stimulating your hair follicles. It also works to prevent any kind of bacterial infection present in hair which often prevents hair growth.
The frequency of using castor oil for your alopecia should be at least 3 times a week. This is extremely important since you have to keep the levels of prostaglandins high in your scalp. This is only possible by regularly using castor oil either standalone or in combination with other oils mentioned above as well as on the blog.
Final Thoughts: Castor Oil for Alopecia Areata
This unfortunate condition doesn’t have to get the best of you. Combat patchy hair loss and give your hair follicles some aid with my castor oil for alopecia areata recipe above.