Tired of crippling aches and pains but don’t want to take pain-killers? Why not try a natural solution? Learn more in my guide on Castor Oil for Joint Pain!
While castor oil is mainly known for hair growth and beauty, it also serves as an effective treatment for joint pain!
Castor oil is a vegetable oil that’s extracted from the castor seed, . It’s native to India but can also be found in other parts of the world. And you guys won’t believe where I just found it… in Mexico!! It grows wildly right outside my new home on the coast in Mexico. I was so excited to see it (but careful not to touch it, haha). Back on track.
This is because castor oil has healing properly called ricinoleic acid – a fatty acid that prevents bacteria and viruses from invading the skin.
Why Use Castor for Joint Pain
, you are prone to certain health problems. One of these complications that most people experience, especially in their old-age, is . This doesn’t mean that younger people don’t experience this, but it’s prevalent in older people.
If you find yourself suffering from this problem, don’t ignore it because if you do, it could grow worse. If your joint pain does worsen, you’ll need ointments or medications that can cost you time and money between visits to your doctor.
With the help of castor oil, you can halt the pain before it grows out of hand.
Benefits of Castor Oil for Joint Pain
Castor Oil is an effective laxative that helps in improving muscle movement and blood circulation. Below are its benefits:
- It is analgesic thereby provide relief from pain.
- It possesses anti-inflammatory properties that ease and reduce inflammation.
Applying castor oil on joints is a great way to avoid regular doctor visits. Read further to know about treating joint pain with castor oil.
Treating Joint Pain with Castor Oil
Castor oil has been around for thousands of years and it’s safe and effective. When it comes to treating joint pain, it’s at the top of people’s list.
Here is how to use it to treat your joint pains with castor oil.
1. (Organic) cold-pressed castor oil (you can purchase this online or at your local health food store).
2. A large piece of fabric cut into strips. This is roughly 18 inches long.
3. Plastic wrap which will help to hold the fabric and castor oil in place on your joint.
You can also use it on your abdomen or over your rib cage or anywhere that you find you have pain or any kind of injury.
1. Pour some castor oil in your hand (about a tablespoonful).
2. Apply it to the joint or the affected area and rub it so that it completely covers the achy area.
3. Take the piece of fabric and wrap the joint.
4. Use the plastic wrap to cover the entire area. This will secure the fabric in place and helps to prevent the castor oil from getting all over your clothes and household. Make sure it is tight.
You can also supplement this by applying heat directly to the joint. You can use a hot water bottle or take dry, uncooked rice and pour it in a sock. Tie the knot on the end of it and microwave that for a minute. Bring it out and apply the heat right into the joint.
Final Thoughts: Castor Oil for Joint Pain
Are you going to start using castor oil for joint pain? I already use it as a massage after a long day to relieve any minor aches and pains. Most of my joint pain comes from typing away all day!
A little castor oil goes a long way so use sparingly at first. Make sure to take advantage of this amazing oil to relieve your joint pain!
Leave me your comments below! I’m always happy to read them and answer your questions.