Discover the benefits of using aloe vera and castor oil for eyelashes. The combination is natural, powerful, and nourishing for the lashes.
Our eyelashes go through a lot by protecting us from dust, sand, and pollution. They keep our eyes safe and also glorify our eye makeup. That’s why it is so vital to look after them. One of the best ways to achieve this is by using castor oil and aloe vera for eyelashes. Keep reading this article to know more.
This article covers:
- Benefits of Using Aloe Vera and Castor Oil for Eyelashes
- DIY Castor Oil and Aloe Vera Eyelash Serum
- Eyelash Care Tips
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
Benefits of Using Aloe Vera and Castor Oil for Eyelashes
Including castor oil and aloe vera in your beauty routine is an effective way to take care of your eyelashes. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid that promotes lash growth and also leaves a hydrating effect on the eyelashes (1). It is also popular for improving hair growth with its therapeutic and nourishing properties. (2)
On the other side, aloe vera is another wonderful remedy for hair, face, and skin (3). It contains Vitamin E, a vital element clinically proven to improve hair growth (4). Applying it on your lashes will make them dark, long, and strong. The combination of castor oil and aloe vera gel makeup for a powerful eyelash serum. Here is how you can prepare it.
DIY Castor Oil and Aloe Vera Eyelash Serum
You Will Need:
- Pure Aloe Vera Gel
- Organic Castor Oil
- Almond Oil
- Mascara Brush or Wand
- Take a bowl and add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, three tablespoons of castor oil, and two tablespoons of almond oil.
- Blend them well, so they mix properly and no aloe vera lumps are left behind.
- Your eyelash serum is ready, now transfer it a clean glass bottle and use when desired.
How To Use?
- Take a mascara wand and dip its tip in the eyelash serum.
- Now, gently apply it to your eyelashes before going to bed.
How Often You Should Do This?
Apply eyelash serum atleast four times a week for strong and healthy lashes.
Eyelash Care Tips
Add these eyelash care tips as a part of your routine. They are useful and easy to follow.
Wash Your Lashes
Clean your eyelashes carefully to remove makeup and dirt. Use a natural cleansing balm or oil to nourish the lashes and later wash it off with water. Also, always remove makeup before going to bed.
Use Natural Products
Be extra careful when it comes to picking cosmetics for eyelashes. Ensure they are natural, free from parabens, irritants, and synthetic scents.
Choose the Right Mascara
Always use everyday mascara instead of long wear and waterproof mascara. These products do more harm than good and make your eyelashes dry.
Precautions To Consider
Before using castor oil and aloe vera for eyelashes, do consider the following precautions.
- Always use cold-pressed, organic, and hexane-free castor oil and aloe vera gel.
- Do a patch test before using castor oil or aloe vera gel. It may cause allergy to some skin types.
Coming to the conclusion, the powerful combination of aloe vera gel and castor oil make up for an effective eyelash serum. Do include it in your beauty routine and let us know your experience.