Looking for an easy way to wipe your eyes clean and wondering – Can you use castor oil to remove eye makeup? Read on to know-how!
Removing eye-makeup before going to bed is a good beauty routine. It keeps the surrounding skin healthy and avoids clogged pores as well as acne breakouts. Not removing eye-makeup on time can bring harmful side-effects on your face, due to chemicals present in mascara and eyeliner (1). Wondering if you can use castor oil to remove eye makeup? Let’s find out.
This article covers:
- Can You Use Castor Oil To Remove Eye Makeup?
- Benefits of Removing Eye Makeup
- DIY Eye Makeup Remover
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
Can You Use Castor Oil To Remove Eye Makeup?
Yes, castor oil is effective in removing eye makeup naturally. It’s anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties help in removing impurities and cleansing the skin (2). Castor oil also helps in keeping the eyelashes strong, dark, and healthy.
Benefits of Removing Eye Makeup Using Castor Oil
Removing eye makeup with castor oil at the end of the day is a good beauty routine. It also serves the following benefits:
Clean The Cosmetics
Removing makeup with castor oil helps in cleaning the cosmetics and its impurities from the skin.
Prevents Skin Problems
The eye cosmetics, including mascara and eye-liner, consists of harmful chemicals like parabens, synthetic dyes, and thimerosal (3).
If not removed and washed on time, they can cause acne, blackheads, and irritating-red skin. Castor oil is a natural moisturizer and assists in removing these chemicals.
Moisturizes Dry Skin
Eye makeup can make the surrounding skin dry and dead. That’s why cleansing and removing makeup from castor oil is necessary to nourish the skin.
DIY Eye Makeup Remover
Make your own homemade DIY Eye Makeup Remover. It’s natural, safe, and cost-effective compared to synthetic makeup removers.
- Quality Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Cotton Ball
- Take a small size bowl and add three tablespoons of coconut oil, one table of castor oil, two drops of lavender essential oil, and one drop of tea tree essential oil.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Your DIY Natural Makeup Remover is ready.
Directions To Use
- Dip a cotton ball in the DIY Natural Makeup Remover.
- Close your eyes, and gently apply it to the makeup area.
- Now gently move the cotton ball over the region and remove the makeup from upper eyelids and lashes.
- Once you have successfully removed the makeup, wash with a quality face wash, and apply hydrating eye cream.
Precautions To Consider
Before using the DIY Eye Makeup Remover, please keep the following precautions in mind.
- Always use hexane-free, organic, and cold-pressed castor oil.
- While applying, make sure the castor oil doesn’t seep in the eyes. It’s a powerful laxative and may damage the eyes.
- Remove the eye makeup after wearing it for a long time, include it as a priority of your beauty routine.
- Do not store the DIY Eye Makeup Remover for more than six months.
Summing up, using castor oil in eye makeup remover is a good idea to moisturize and nourish the surrounding skin and lashes. It’s soothing, natural, and cost-effective. Do include it in your beauty routine and let us know your experience.