Can you use castor oil for eyelashes? Is it safe? Read on to know more about its uses, benefits, and precautions to consider at COG.
So is it wise to use castor oil for eyelashes? Many of our visitors often ask whether is it safe to use castor oil for eyelashes and the benefits which come along.
In this article, we will answer this query and learn more about it.
Today we’ll talk about:
- Is it safe to use castor oil for eyelashes?
- Benefits of using castor oil for eyelashes
- How to use castor oil for eyelashes?
- Precautions you should consider
- Final Thoughts
Is It Safe to Use Castor Oil for Eyelashes?
Castor oil is completely safe for eyelashes. It is a good beauty routine to grow eyelashes and make them dark and glossier. However, make sure the castor oil doesn’t get in your eyes, as it can lead to blindness.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that castor oil is sensitive and allergic to certain skin types. So if you’re using it for the first time, then test it on a small skin area before proceeding further.
Benefits of Using Castor Oil for Eyelashes
Using castor oil is a great idea to beautify and nourish your eyelashes.
It offers plenty of benefits like:
- Vitamin E present in the castor oil helps in repairing the damaged follicles, thereby enhancing hair growth.
- Castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid, which improves eyelash hair growth, as well as thickness. However, there is a lack of scientific evidence to prove the hair growth capabilities of castor oil.
- It is a budget-friendly natural product, better than the expensive cosmetic hair growth in the market.
How to Use Castor Oil for Eyelashes?
There’re many ways to make the most of the castor oil benefits and take care of your beautiful eyelashes.
Way 1: “Only Castor Oil” Method
This is one of the easiest, simplest, and effective methods to look after your eyelashes. All you have to do is:
- Clean your face with a facewash, especially the upper area.
- Remove makeup, if any.
- Now, take an eyeliner brush, dip it in the oil and carefully apply it on the eyelashes.
- Leave it overnight and wash your face with water in the morning.
Way 2: DIY Castor Oil Eyelash Serum
Mixing castor oil with essential oils is a great way to enhance the healing properties of castor oil. Here is how to make and use your own eyelash serum.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of castor oil with 2 tablespoons of desired essential oil.
- You can use lavender, olive or coconut oil here.
- Stir the mixture so that both the oils can blend well.
- Dip an eyeliner brush in the oil mixture and gently apply it on the eye-lashes.
- Leave it for 2 hours.
- Wash it off with rosewater and clean your face with facewash.
Precautions You Should Consider
No doubt, castor oil is a magical hair care stimulator, but there’re certain precautions you should consider before applying it to your eyelashes.
- Always use hexane-free, organic and cold-pressed castor oil.
- Apply the oil on eyelashes gently and carefully.
- Avoid the oil to seep inside the eyes, as it can lead to blurry vision, irritation and even blindness.
- It can be allergic to certain types of skin, so test it on a small skin area before using it.
- Wash immediately if you find irritation or inflammation on the eyelash line.
- Clean your face before and after, to remove the left out castor oil.
- Make sure the eye-liner brush is clean and makeup-free.
- The results may vary from person to person, so adopt and implement this eyelash therapy.
Overall, including this miracle natural oil for your eyelashes care routine is a good idea. It helps in making them dark, glossy and grow well. However more scientific evidence is required to prove that castor oil fosters hair growth.
Another important point to note is the frequency of results. As we know everyone is different, the results will vary from person to person. That’s all for today, do try this beauty routine on your eyelashes and let us know how it worked out for you!
Thanks for reading!