Make your hair strong and healthy with this natural banana and castor oil hair mask recipe. Read on to know more.
Right from smoothies, salads to delicious custards we use and love bananas. It is good for health and makes up for an excellent breakfast option. But do you know it is beneficial for hair masks too? Keep reading this article to know more about banana and castor oil hair mask recipe and benefits!
This article covers:
- DIY Banana and Castor Oil Hair Mask Recipe
- How To Apply Banana and Castor Oil Hair Mask?
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
Our hair suffers a lot from air pollution, poor diet, and aging. This leads to dandruff prone, dry, and damaged hair (1). Fortunately, the combined properties of castor oil and bananas can fix these common hair problems.
Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid which cleans the scalp and moisturizes your hair (2). It’s anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory action also helps in increasing blood circulation of the scalp.
Also, bananas are nutrient-rich fruits and contain essential vitamins, calcium, and silica (3). Vitamins and silica increase collagen product, which further promotes hair growth and make your hair strong (4).
DIY Banana and Castor Oil Hair Mask
To make the DIY hair mask at home, you will need the following ingredients.
- Castor Oil
- Egg Yolk
- Tea Tree Oil
- Coconut Milk
- Mash the bananas and make a smooth paste out of it.
- Now take a bowl and combine one tablespoon of castor oil, two tablespoons of coconut milk, egg yolk, mashed bananas, and four tablespoons of tea tree oil.
- Mix the ingredients well until a thick paste is formed. If you don’t like egg yolk, feel free to use one tablespoon of honey.
- Your DIY Hair Mask is ready.
How To Apply Banana and Castor Oil Hair Mask?
- Putting the hair mask is easy, follow the instructions to learn how to do it in the right way.
- Start by wearing an old t-shirt as the hair mask can be messy for you.
- Now wash your hair and naturally dry them with a towel. Don’t use a blow-dryer.
- Divide your hair into four sections and apply the castor oil and banana hair mask on each one. Start from the roots and cover till the hair tips.
- Take a wide-tooth comb and comb your hair. This is done to ensure the hair mask is evenly spread.
- Wear a hair cap or towel and leave the hair mask on your hair for atleast 30-40 minutes.
- Once done, wash and condition your hair with a natural shampoo.
- For effective results, apply a hair mask atleast two times a week.
Precautions To Consider
Before using this hair mask, do consider the following precautions in mind.
- Always use cold-pressed, organic, and hexane-free castor oil from a trusted source.
- Wash the hair mask properly as bananas leftover your scalp can cause itching and irritation.
- If you are allergic to bananas or castor oil, then avoid this hair mask remedy or customize the ingredients according to your needs (5).
Coming to the conclusion, banana along with castor oil is really great to nurture and moisturize your hair. Thereby making your hair dark, long, and strong. Do use it in your beauty routine and let us know your experience in the comment section.