Microneedling is an effective treatment to grow hair back easily. All you need to use is dermaroller and castor oil for hair loss. Read on to know more.
Also known as micro-needling, Dermarolling is an effective cosmetic treatment to cure hair loss (1). You can do it home with the help of dermaroller and castor oil. Keep reading this article.
Today we will cover:
- What is Dermaroller?
- How Does Dermaroller and Castor Oil Help in Growing Hair?
- Benefits of Dermarolling
- How To Use Dermaroller To Grow Hair?
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What is Dermaroller?
Dermaroller is a small skincare device used in rejuvenating the skin. It consists of a handle and roller, equipped with titanium needles on the surface (2). The needles range between 0.1-0.2 mm in size and create pathways in the skin to enable better oil penetration.
How Does Dermaroller and Castor Oil Help in Growing Hair?
Castor oil is the most recommended natural remedy when it comes to hair growth (3). It’s anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing action nourish your tresses (4). So how does dermarolling with castor oil works?
- Dermarolling helps in creating pathways on the scalp for better oil penetration and increases collagen production (5).
- Applying castor oil after dermarolling ensure it penetrates well in the pathways and nourishes the hair follicles.
Benefits of Dermarolling
Dermarolling is one of the proven ways to regrow your hair. Studies confirm this method can improve hair growth by stimulating collagen production.
Collagen is a major protein in our body that produces hair, ligaments, and skin. It offers plenty of health benefits including it:
- It provides amino acids to build and grow new hair.
- Repairs the damaged hair follicles.
- Prevents breakage and thinning of hair, thereby making them strong.
- It helps in giving birth to new stem cells and facilitates hair growth.
How To Use Dermaroller To Grow Hair?
Here is how you can use dermaroller and castor oil for hair loss.
You Will Need:
- Castor Oil
- Place the dermaroller on the area where you want to grow hair. It can be the hairline or top of the scalp or maybe the sides. Ensure your hair are dry.
- Now move the dermaroller gently over the selected area. Start horizontally, then roll it vertically and diagonally. Also, apply slight pressure so the roller can penetrate well and cause a tingling sensation.
- Avoid it from the areas which have high hair density to avoid pulling tressels out.
- Once done, massage your hair with castor oil and leave it overnight so it can moisturize your hair and repair hair follicles.
- Wash your hair in the morning and continue this activity atleast four times a month.
Precautions To Consider
Before dermarolling your hair, do keep the following precautions in mind.
- Always use cold-pressed, organic, and hexane-free castor oil from a trusted brand. You can also use Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
- If you are suffering from acne, diabetes and open wounds then consult with your doctor before dermarolling your scalp.
- Avoid this treatment if you are taking blood-thinning medications.
- Don’t apply extra pressure while dermarolling.
Final Thoughts: Dermaroller and Castor Oil for Hair Loss
Summing up the combination of dermaroller and castor oil is a pretty effective way to regrow your hair and make them strong and lustrous. Do use it and let us know your experience in the comment section.