Is your curly hair too thin and frizzy to deal with? Learn how to use castor oil for curly hair and provide them the right care!
Frizziness, split ends, breakage and thinning? If you happen to have curly hairs, you would have experienced these problems. The best way to treat this problem is to include castor oil in your hair care routine. Packed with essential nutrients and vitamins, this natural oil can moisturize and nourish your curly hair with its therapeutic properties.
Today we will cover:
- Common Curly Hair Problems
- Why is Castor Oil Good for Curly Hair?
- How To Use Castor Oil for Curly Hair?
- How to Take Care of Your Curly Hair?
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
Common Curly Hair Problems
Maintaining curly hair is a significant task in itself and involves a lot of care. Some of the most common curly hair problems include:
Your hair takes a lot of time to dry.
This happens when you’re hair gets too messy and don’t allow the air to pass through it. You can treat this easy problem by using a quality hairdryer.
Moisture-less and dry hair.
This is the most common problem and often leads to frustration. You can quickly treat this condition by massaging your hair with castor oil serum, which we’ll discuss later in this article.
Frizziness in the hair.
Curly hair is a sign of lousy hair health, as they don’t get enough nourishment for growth.
Breakage and losing hair strands.
Losing hair strands is another major curly hair problem and occurs when they don’t get enough care.
Other common hair problems include split ends, tangles, single strand nodes, and over shedding.
Why is Castor Oil Good for Curly Hair?
Castor oil is a natural moisturizer and renowned for its therapeutic properties. It contains ricinoleic acid, which helps in improving the blood circulation in your scalp and removing the toxins.
Here’re some benefits of using castor oil for curly hair:
- It fights bacterias and infections present on the scalp due to its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
- It’s an ideal way to treat hair thinning, thereby preventing hair loss.
- Makes your scalp less dry and itchy by moisturizing it.
- The castor oil unclogs blocked pores, which encourage growth.
How to Use Castor Oil for Curly Hair?
Depending upon your hair problem, there’re three ways to use castor oil and nourish your curly hair.
To control and treat hair loss.
- Small bowl
- Quality castor oil (organic,cold-pressed and hexane-free)
- Take a small size bowl.
- Add 2 cups of castor oil and two tablespoons of ginger.
- Mix the combination gently and adequately apply it on your scalp.
- Massage it properly through your curly hairs and let it rest for 25 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a shampoo.
To treat dandruff
- Small bowl
- Tea tree oil
- Aloe vera Juice
- Quality castor oil (Organic, cold-pressed and hexane-free)
- Take a small size bowl.
- Add 2 cups of castor oil, three tablespoons of aloe vera, and three tablespoons of tea tree oil.
- Combine the mixture well and gently apply it on the curls and massage it properly.
- Leave the mixture for 40 minutes and wash it with your favorite shampoo.
How to Take Care of Your Curly Hair?
There’re plenty of ways to take care of your curly hair. These include:
- Nourishing your hair with castor oil and cleansing it with a quality shampoo.
- Use a diffuser to dry your curls properly.
- Avoid brushing dry hair and comb only when the hair is wet.
- Apply oil on towel dried hair.
Precautions To Consider
Please consider the following precautions before using castor oil for curly hair.
- Always use organic, cold-pressed and hexane-free castor oil.
- Combine the mixture well before applying it on your scalp.
- Use less castor oil for effective results.
- Mix castor oil with your favorite oil for better moisturizing and hair nourishment.