Learn the benefits of using sesame oil and castor oil for hair growth. It’s an easy, natural, and nourishing hair remedy!
Hair fall has become a common problem these days. The pollution and stressful lifestyle are responsible for making our hair dry, thin, and damaged, thereby causing hair fall (1). That’s why taking care of hair is important to make them healthy, dark, and strong. One of the best ways to do include sesame oil in your hair routine. Keep reading this article to know about using castor oil and sesame oil for hair growth.
This article covers:
- What is Sesame Oil?
- Is Sesame Oil Good for Hair?
- Benefits of Sesame and Castor Oil
- Sesame and Castor Oil DIY Hair Serum Recipe
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What is Sesame Oil?
People have been using sesame oil for centuries for beauty and health purposes. Obtained from sesame seeds, the oil is rich in essential nutrients and effective in nourishing and rejuvenating hair (2). Its antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties help in healing the scalp and promote hair growth.
Is Sesame Oil Good for Hair?
Sesame oil is excellent for your hair as it contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It also has vitamin B1, calcium, copper, phosphor, iron, magnesium, and zinc. Studies show these nutrients could improve hair growth, remove dandruff, and nourish your hair follicles (3).
Benefits of Sesame and Castor Oil for Hair
The combination of castor oil and sesame oil is powerful. Both are rich in antioxidants and boasts anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. The ricinoleic acid present in the castor oil improves blood circulation and keeps your hair healthy (4).
And the fatty acids of sesame nourishes your hair follicles, thereby helping in regrowing your hair. Here are some amazing benefits of sesame and castor oil.
Promotes Hair Growth
Castor oil and sesame oil promotes hair growth by improving blood circulation, removing dandruff and moisturize thin and dry hair.
Combining castor and sesame oil is an effective way to prevent hair fall. The soothing properties reduce stress and encourage the strengthening of your follicles.
Sesame and Castor Oil DIY Hair Serum Recipe
Prepare this DIY hair recipe to make the most of sesame and castor oil benefits. It is natural, simple, and easy to prepare. Here is how you can make one for yourself.
You Will Need
- Small Bowl
- Castor Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Take a bowl and add two tablespoons each of olive and coconut oil. Heat it on low flame for three minutes.
- Now add one tablespoon each of castor oil and sesame oil in it. Mix them well.
- Dip your fingers in the oil solution and gently apply it on your scalp.
- Massage well in circular motions covering the roots and edges, so the oil solution penetrates deep in the scalp.
- Wrap a towel over your head and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- After that wash your hair with a quality shampoo.
- Use this hair serum atleast twice a week for good results.
Precautions To Consider
Before using castor oil and sesame oil for hair, do keep the following precautions in mind.
- Always use cold-pressed, organic, and hexane-free castor oil and sesame oil.
- Make sure your skin is not allergic to any of these oils.
- Don’t overheat the oil, else it can cause skin burns.
Coming to the conclusion the combination of castor oil and sesame oil is wonderful for your hair growth. Do include the DIY hair serum in your beauty routine for silky, strong, and healthy hair.