Learn the benefits of using neem and castor oil for hair growth and say goodbye to split ends and damaged hair with our hair growth recipe!
Adding neem oil in castor oil is a brilliant idea to look after your hair. It enhances the capabilities of castor oil and helps in making hair long, dense, and strong. In this article, we will learn more about growing hair and using neem and castor oil for hair growth. Read on to know more.
Today we will cover:
- What is Neem Oil?
- Benefits of Neem Oil for Hair
- DIY Neem and Castor Oil Hair Growth Recipe
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What is Neem Oil?
Neem oil is extracted from the seeds and fruits of the neem tree, a tropical evergreen tree in India (1). It is a brownish-yellow liquid with a bitter taste and garlic like smell. Neem oil is widely utilized in making cosmetics, soaps, shampoos, and toothpaste. Also, farmers use neem oil as an insect repellent and pesticide (2).
Benefits of Neem Oil for Hair
Filled with antioxidants, neem oil offers various health benefits for your hair. They are:
The fatty acids present in neem oil help in nourishing the hair, thereby making them soft and lustrous. It hydrates and repairs dry and damaged hairs.
Help Fight Against Dandruff
Malassezia globosa is the main culprit behind dandruff (3). It causes itchiness and sometimes hair loss. To treat this hair condition, you can use neem oil. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties help in clearing dandruff (4).
Promotes Hair Growth
Neem oil promotes hair growth by cleansing the scalp and stimulating hair follicles. This is further useful in avoiding breakage and thinning of hair. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of neem oil play a vital role (5).
DIY Neem and Castor Oil Hair Growth Recipe
Neem oil intensifies the soothing properties of castor oil and fosters hair growth. The combination helps in moisturizing and nourishing the hair, thereby making them soft, dark, and long.
You can make the most of the benefits of neem oil and castor oil by preparing this hair growth recipe. Here is how.
You Will Need:
- Neem Oil
- Castor Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Take a bowl and combine three tablespoons of castor oil, two tablespoons of neem oil, and one tablespoon of rosemary oil.
- Blend the mixture well, your DIY hair mask is ready.
How To Use?
- Dip your fingers in the oil solution and gently apply it on your hair and scalp. Ensure every root and strand is covered.
- Leave it to rest overnight. Also, drape a towel around your head so the oil in your hair doesn’t spoil the pillow.
- Wash your hair in the morning with a quality shampoo.
Also Read: Banana and Castor Oil Hair Mask
How Often You Should Use It?
For effective results, apply the castor oil and neem oil hair mask 2 times a week.
Precautions To Consider
- Always use cold-pressed, hexane-free, and organic castor oil and neem oil.
- Certain skin types are allergic to castor and neem oil, so do a patch test first.
- People with sensitive skin may experience irritation or itchiness, so always dilute the hair mask with a carrier oil.
Coming to the conclusion blending neem oil and castor oil makes an excellent hair growth mask. It helps in cleansing your scalp, nourish your hair follicles and moisturize your hair. Do add it as a part of your hair care routine and share your experience.