Pre-poo is a healthy beauty routine to nourish your hair and keep them soft, smooth, and silky. Read on to know how to pre-poo with castor oil!
Popularly known as a pre-shampoo treatment, pre-pooing is a great way to untangle and moisture your hair. There are two ways to pre-poo your hair. Either you can go for a conditioner or prewash your hair with an effective oil, like castor oil. Though we recommend you use castor oil as it is natural, chemical-free, and highly effective. In this article, we will learn how to pre-poo with castor oil.
Today we will cover:
- What is Pre-Poo?
- Why You Should Pre-Poo with Castor Oil?
- How To Pre-Poo with Castor Oil?
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What is Pre-Poo?
Pre-poo is a hair treatment process done before washing or shampooing your hair. It’s done to restore hair’s health and treat common hair problems caused by heat, coloring, and improper hair grooming. It consists of applying an effective natural oil (like castor oil) and leaving it for some time so it can deeply condition your hair.
Why You Should Pre-Poo with Castor Oil?
Packed with essential nutrients, ricinoleic acid, vitamins, and minerals, castor oil offers plenty of benefits to the hair and deeply nourishes them. The advantages of pre-washing your hair with castor oil are listed below.
It moisturizes your hair
Castor oil treats your dry hair by moisturizing and making them soft and silky. It also makes combing easier.
It is a good conditioner
The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial action of castor oil helps in cleaning and deeply nourishing the scalp. It’s also very comforting and eliminates dandruff.
It darkens your hair
Pre-poo hair treatment with castor oil is a natural way to keep your hair smooth and silky. It does so by hydrating your hair and making them rich and dark.
How To Pre-Poo With Castor Oil?
To prepoo your hair with castor oil, you will need:
- Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil or Lavender Oil (To thicken the castor oil and add fragrance)
- Small Bowl
- Take a small bowl and combine four tablespoons of castor oil and one tablespoon of castor oil in it.
- Mix them well and gently apply the oil mixture all over your hair.
- Now, massage your oil properly so the oil can penetrate roots and nourish the hair.
- Let the oil rest for 4-5 hours before washing your hair.
Precautions and Helpful Tips
Follow the precautions and helpful tips to have a hassle-free and effective pre-poo treatment.
- Always use hexane-free, organic, and cold-pressed castor oil for pre-poo treatment.
- If you have a hair steamer you can use it to warm up your hair, thereby increasing the flow of castor oil in the roots.
- Use a quality shampoo to wash your hair after pre-poo.
- Wait for at least 4-5 hours before washing your hair so the oil can penetrate properly.
- Repeat this treatment 2 times a week to ensure good hair health.
Pre-poo hair treatment is a necessary remedy to strengthen and nourish your hair naturally. Excessive styling, color, chemical exposure, and make-up damage our hair, so it’s important to repair them with the right care and hair routine. Do include pre-poo treatment in your beauty schedule and let us know about the results in the comments.
Thanks for reading!