Just got the lash lift and unsure how to maintain it? Wondering if you can use castor oil after lash lift? Let’s find out.
Lash Lift is a low maintenance beauty treatment that makes your eyelashes look curled, long, and appealing (1). It is better than lash extensions and doesn’t require extra managing effort. However, there are certain aftercare measures you should take to keep the lashes intact. Wondering if you can use castor oil after lash lift? Let’s find out in this article.
Today we will cover:
- What is Lash Lift?
- Can You Use Castor Oil for Lash Lift?
- How To Take Care After Lash Lift?
- How To Use Castor Oil for Lash Lift?
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What is Lash Lift?
Lash Lift is a lifting method that keeps eyelashes curled and longer without any need for mascara. It is better and comfortable than lash extensions. This is like a perm for lashes, requires no preparation, and quite customizable (2). The procedure takes an hour and costs 70-100$ depending upon the hairstylist.
Can You Use Castor Oil for Lash Lift?
Castor oil is effective and nourishing for the eyelashes. It also keeps the lashes long, dark, and strong. It is also hydrating and good for the health of eyelashes. The oil is rich in Vitamin A and contains ricinoleic acid which helps in repairing hair damage and avoid breakage (3). Many stylists recommend castor oil as an aftercare remedy to maintain the uplifted lashes.
How To Take Care After Lash Lift?
Lash lift requires little extra care and maintenance in the first 1-2 days of treatment. To maintain your lashes, keep the following tips in mind.
- Do not rub your lashes and touch them gently if necessary.
- Make sure the lashes don’t come in contact with water for the first 24 hours.
- Also do not use any beauty product or eye makeup for 24 hours after receiving the treatment.
- Avoid mascara and swimming for 24 hours as well.
How To Use Castor Oil for Lash Lift?
You can use castor oil two weeks after the lash lift treatment to nourish and maintain your eyelashes. Here is how.
You will need:
- Castor Oil
- Mascara Wand or Eyeliner Brush
- Pour castor oil in a small bowl.
- Dip an eyeliner brush in castor oil and gently apply it on the upper and lower lashline.
- Repeat this procedure five-times a week to see effective results.
Precautions To Consider
Before using castor oil after the lash treatment, do consider the following precautions in mind.
- Always use organic, hexane-free, and cold-pressed castor oil from a trusted brand.
- Avoid using castor oil if your skin is allergic to it.
- Apply castor oil gently so it doesn’t seep in the eyes as it can lead to irritation.
Summing up using castor oil is an effective way to take care of lifted lashes. It is moisturizing and keeps the eyelashes stronger. Do use it and let us know your experience in the comment section.