Are you suffering from nasal polyps? Learn about how to use castor oil for nasal polyps, treat and eradicate them for good!
Nasal polyps occur due to infection, allergy, or inflammation in the nose. They’re common and can easily be treated with natural remedies, including castor oil. Read this article to know about how to use castor oil for nasal polyps.
Today we’ll cover:
- What Are Nasal Polyps?
- Symptoms of Nasal Polyps
- What does Castor Oil do To Polyps?
- How To Use Castor Oil for Nasal Polyps
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What are Nasal Polyps?
Nasal polyps are painless growths found on the lining and sinuses of the nasal passage (1). They’re often caused by an allergy, asthma-related inflammation, and infections. Most commonly, they affect adults and patients with chronic respiratory diseases.
Symptoms of Nasal Polyps
The symptoms of nasal polyps depend on the size and growth of the polyps. Common symptoms include:
- Running Nose
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Nasal Congestion
What Does Castor Oil Do To Polyps?
Castor Oil is an effective natural remedy to treat nasal polyps. It’s anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial action of castor oil (2) helps in:
- Reducing the size of the nasal polyps, thereby restricting growth.
- Killing the bacteria and fungus present in the nasal passage.
How To Use Castor Oil for Nasal Polyps?
To treat nasal polyps you’ll need:
- Quality Castor Oil
- Nasal Drop
- Cotton Ball
- Fill the castor oil in the nasal drop.
- Lay on your bed and put 3-4 drops of castor oil in your nostrils.
- Clean the excess castor oil with a cotton ball.
- Continue this practice for 25-30 days for effective results.
Precautions To Consider
Please consider the following precautions before proceeding with this natural remedy.
- Always use hexane-free, cold-pressed, and organic castor oil.
- Make sure the castor oil doesn’t seep in your eyes.
- This natural remedy is only applicable when nasal polyps are moderate in size.
- Consult a doctor if the polyps grow large and cause pain in the nasal passage.
- Skip this remedy if your body is allergic to castor oil.
Castor oil is an effective solution to treat nasal polyps. It’s anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties help in drying and shrinking them, thereby helping you to breathe better. The results appear after 7-10 days of treatment; however, they vary from person to person. Do use this remedy and let us know your experience in the comment section.