How does castor oil help with snoring? Read on to find out and have a restful, relaxing, and peaceful sleep.
Snoring is a significant problem, which disturbs your sleeping patterns and makes you feel lethargic all the time. For centuries, people have been adopting many natural remedies to help them reduce snoring; using castor oil is one of them. In this article, we will address what causes this condition and how does castor oil help with snoring.
- What is Snoring?
- What Causes Snoring?
- How Does Castor Oil Help With Snoring?
- How To Use Castor Oil To Reduce Snoring?
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What is Snoring?
Snoring is a harsh and uncomfortable sound one makes while sleeping. It occurs due to the vibration of tissues when air flows through them in a relaxed condition. It’s a common condition and can be treated naturally.
What Causes Snoring?
There’re many causes of snoring depending on several factors like allergies, weight, sinuses, and anatomy of your mouth. When we breathe, the air flows in and out of our lungs producing few sounds.
The intensity of the sound increases when air moves fastly between the nose and lungs. At the time of sleeping, our airways become narrow, so when the air passes through it, the tissues start vibrating, leading to snoring.
How Does Castor Oil Help With Snoring?
The therapeutic properties of castor oil helps in reducing snoring by lubricating your nasal passage, helping you have a relaxing sleep. However, more scientific researches are required to prove this claim.
How To Use Castor Oil To Reduce Snoring?
To reduce snoring with castor oil you’ll need:
- Quality castor oil
- Cotton Ball
- Small Bowl
- Take a small bowl and add five tablespoons of castor oil in it.
- Dip a cotton ball in the bowl and lightly soak it in the oil.
- Gently apply it in your nose just before going to bed.
- Practice this remedy for 20 days for effective results.
Precautions To Consider
Castor oil is a powerful laxative, so please keep the following precautions in mind.
- Always use organic, hexane-free, and cold-pressed castor oil. It is easily available online as well as in your nearby medical store.
- Apply the castor oil gently in your nostrils and make sure not to ingest it in your stomach.
- If you’re allergic to castor oil or have a serious sleeping disorder, then we don’t recommend this remedy.
- If your snoring doesn’t go away, then consult your medication doctor.
Castor oil is an effective remedy to reduce snoring and have a comfortable sleep. Do let us know your experience in the comment section.
Thanks for reading!