Looking for ways to make your lashes long and strong? Try using castor oil and lemon peel for eyelashes. Here’s how!
Who doesn’t love long eyelashes? They add a charismatic look to our personality and make you look more beautiful. Most women use mascara and eyelash extensions for long lashes, but it can cause minor to severe side-effects. That’s why it is best to rely on a natural solution, one of these is using castor oil and lemon peel for eyelashes. Keep reading this article to know more!
Today we will cover:
- What is Lemon Peel?
- Benefits of Lemon Peel
- Lemon Peel and Castor Oil for Eyelashes
- DIY Lemon Peel and Castor Oil Eyelash Serum
- Eyelash Care Tips
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What is Lemon Peel?
The lemon peel refers to the outer skin of the citrus fruits like oranges and lemon. Research shows it contains bioactive compounds and offers numerous health benefits. The nutritional value of lemon peel is high as it contains antioxidants, fibers, proteins, and Vitamin C (1) (2).
Benefits of Lemon Peel
Lemon peel promotes well being by offering plenty of health benefits. These include:
- Promotes hair growth
- Helps fight against skin infection
- Improves immunity
- Promotes good heart health (3)
Lemon Peel and Castor Oil for Eyelashes
Including castor oil and lemon peel in your self-care routine is a wonderful way to look after your lashes. The combination is powerful and helps to nourish, moisturize, and grow your eyelashes.
The ricinoleic acid present in castor oil is a natural humectant and helps in nourishing the lashes, thereby making them grow thick, dark, and long (4). Also, lemon peel contains vitamins A and C, which are clinically proven for promoting hair growth.
DIY Lemon Peel and Castor Oil Eyelash Serum
The best way to make the most of lemon peel and castor oil for eyelashes is to make this eye serum. Here is how you can prepare it at home.
You Will Need:
- Castor Oil
- Lemon Oil
- Mascara Wand
- Take a bowl, add half a cup of castor oil, and five to six lemon peels in it.
- Mix the solution and transfer it in a sealable jar.
- Leave it aside for rest overnight. Your homemade eyelash serum is ready!
How To Use?
- Take a mascara wand and dip its tip in the eyelash serum.
- Now, gently apply it to your eyelashes before going to bed.
How Often You Should Do This?
Apply eyelash serum atleast four times a week for strong and healthy lashes.
Eyelash Care Tips
Follow these tips to take the right care of your eyelashes.
- Clean your eyelashes daily with the help of cleansing balm or lotion.
- Always remove eye makeup before going to bed.
- Use organic and natural cosmetic products, they don’t cause any side-effects or pose a risk to your eyes.
- Instead of long-wear or waterproof mascara, prefer an everyday mascara. It doesn’t make your eyelashes dry.
Precautions To Consider
Before including the eyelash serum in your self-care routine, do keep the following precautions in mind.
- Always use cold-pressed, organic, and hexane-free castor oil.
- Clean the lemon well before peeling it to remove pesticide residue if any.
- Avoid this remedy, if your skin is allergic to castor oil or lemon peel.
Summing up, castor oil and lemon peel make up for an excellent eyelash serum. The combination is the powerhouse of essential nutrients and helps in making your eyelash strong, long, and dark.