Is it safe to use castor oil for liver? Read on to learn about how to take care of your liver with this magical potion filled with nutrients!
Do you know using castor oil is a great idea to take care of your liver? It helps in making the detoxification process faster and fixing digestion issues. In this article, we’ll be learning about utilizing the oil for the liver and have a healthy well-being.
Today we’ll cover:
- Is it safe to use castor oil for liver?
- Benefits of using castor oil for liver
- How to use castor oil for liver?
- Preparing Castor Oil Packs
- Precautions to Consider
Is It Safe to Use Castor Oil for Liver?
It’s completely safe to use castor oil for the liver. But being a powerful laxative, we advise you to use it externally only. Ingesting large quantities of castor oil is dangerous and may do more harm than good.
To know more about ingesting castor oil, please read our detailed post here.
Benefits of Using Castor Oil for Liver
The magical oil serves numerous health benefits for the liver including the following ones.
- Reduces the inflammation
- Treats fatty liver
- Detoxifies the body
- Improves digestion
- Boosts the production of lymphocytes, thereby improving the immunity of the body
However, these are traditional beliefs and require more scientific evidence.
How to Use Castor Oil for Liver?
There are two ways to use the oil for liver:
- Directly ingesting it (which is not at all recommended)
- Applying it externally using castor oil packs.
Continue reading to know to learn how to prepare castor oil packs.
Preparation of Castor Oil Packs
To make the castor oil packs you’ll need:
- Castor Oil
- Old Cloth
- Hot Water
- The liver is situated on the right side of the body, slightly at the bottom of the ribcage.
- Fill the bottle with moderately warm water and keep it aside with a towel.
- Soak an old cloth in castor oil.
- Gently place it on your liver and cover the region with a towel and water bottle.
- Leave it for 25 minutes and do your regular bed chores.
- Take the cloth off and clean the excess castor oil with a cloth.
- Repeat this activity for 3-4 days for effective results.
Note: Don’t use this if your skin is allergic or sensitive towards castor oil.
Precautions To Consider
Before proceeding with the therapy, please consider the following precautions in mind.
- Always use castor oil from a trusted and authorized brand (Make sure it’s hexane-free, cold-pressed and organic)
- Don’t ingest the castor oil as it’s a powerful laxative.
- Avoid using it, if it’s sensitive to your skin.
- Use a clean towel and cloth.
- Results may vary from person to person, so follow this practice regularly for a period of 4-6 months.
- Apply the oil gently over the skin of the liver and don’t apply extra force.
Overall, this is a low-cost and effective therapy that will help you in taking care of your liver’s health. Just follow the instructions carefully, keep the precautions in mind and you’re good to go!
Do let us know how was your experience with this therapy and what tips you would like to share with our visitors.
That’s all for today!
Thanks for reading!