Suffering from ear issues? Learn about how to take care and use castor oil for ear infections.
Our ears are gentle and most ignored organs of our body. They help us hear and communicate with the world. With the significant role they play in our lives, it’s important to take care of our ears by using castor oil.
Today we’ll cover:
- What is an Ear Infection?
- Symptoms of Ear Infections
- Is Castor Oil Safe To Use?
- Treating Ear Infections with Castor Oil
- How To Prevent Ear Infections?
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What is an Ear Infection?
An ear infection is caused by bacterias and viruses. It leads to inflammation in the ear, thereby inducing irritation and pain. It’s commonly found in children and is easily treatable.
They’re of two types:
Acute otitis media (AOM): A common type of ear infection and can be easily treated by taking necessary medical measures.
Otitis media with effusion (OME): When the middle ear is filled with non-infected fluid, it’s OME. It is often caused by upper respiratory infection and cold.
Chronic otitis media with effusion (COME): It’s a condition when the fluid gets filled in the ear with or without infection. It can lead to hearing loss.
Symptoms of Ear Infections
The symptoms of the condition include:
- Ear pain
- Hearing Loss
- Uneasiness in the ear
- Ear Drainage
Is Castor Oil Safe To Use?
Castor Oil is completely safe to use in-ears. It’s a powerful laxative and lubricant, which can remove excess wax and infection from the ear.
Also, the anti-bacterial properties of the castor oil kill the bacteria responsible for the ear infection. Make sure not to ingest the oil, as it leads to severe health issues.
DIY Treatment: Using Castor Oil for Ear Infections
To treat ear infections with castor oil, you’ll need:
- Cotton Ball
- Castor Oil
- A Small Bowl
Here is how you can use it:
- Warm the castor oil and pour it in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball in the castor oil and gently apply it to the infected region.
- Sleep well after applying it.
- Wash the infected area with warm water.
- Repeat this activity for 1-2 weeks for better results.
How To Prevent Ear Infections?
You can prevent ear infections in the first place by taking the health measures listed below:
- Wash your ears regularly with the help of a soft cotton scrub.
- Clean and dry your hair after bathing.
- Consult your family doctor to know if you have any allergies.
Precautions to Consider
Please keep the following precautions in mind before using castor oil to treat ear infections.
- Always use hexane-free, organic, and cold-pressed castor oil.
- Make sure not to ingest the castor oil inside.
- Apply with care and avoid if you’re skin is sensitive to castor oil.
- If the symptoms persist, go, and see a doctor treat this medical condition.
- Buy the oil from a trusted brand.
Final Thoughts: Castor Oil for Ear Infections
The therapeutic properties of castor oil help in treating ear infections. Please consider the precautions before using it and always consult your doctor if the symptoms don’t go away at the expected time.
Thanks for reading!