If your feet suffers from corns than the right natural remedy can make all the difference. Learn how to use castor oil for corns and make them disappear!
Corns occur on the feet from the skin’s response to excessive friction, pressure, or injury. They cause irritation and commonly appear between the toes. You can use castor oil for corns and get rid of them. Scroll down further to know more.
Today we will cover:
- What are Corns?
- Signs and Symptoms of Corns
- Is Castor Oil Good for Corns?
- How Does Castor Oil Remove Corns?
- How To Use Castor Oil for Corns?
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What are Corns?
Corns are hard and thick layers of skin that appear on feet, hands, and in-between toes (1). They occur as a response to friction and pressure from the skin.
The common causes of corns include:
Wearing Tight Shoes
Wearing tight shoes can apply extra pressure on your feet. This may result in feet corn and cause irritation.
Not Putting Up Socks
Not wearing socks can lead to feet friction and sweating. This is not good for the health of your skin.
Walking Barefoot Regularly
Walking barefoot regularly can cause the skin to form a thick layer to protect itself.
Signs and Symptoms of Corns
It is easy to identify corns. To do so look for the following signs and symptoms (2).
- Raised bump on feet or toes.
- Hard, thick, and rough skin area.
- The appearance of the dry and waxy skin layer.
- A feeling of walking on stones while walking or jogging.
- Pain or feeling of sensation under the skin.
Is Castor Oil Good for Corns?
Castor oil is the most preferred remedy when it comes to treating this common skin problem. It possesses anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing the pain and swelling of feet corns (3).
How Does Castor Oil Remove Corns?
Castor oil is an age-old remedy to cure corns. It contains ricinoleic acid which helps in reducing the pain and swelling of the affected area. It is soothing, therapeutic, and effective in treating corns.
How To Use Castor Oil for Corns?
To treat this skin problem with castor oil you need to follow the given steps.
- Quality Castor Oil
- Corn Pad
- Cotton Ball
- Fill a small bowl with four tablespoons of castor oil and soak a cotton ball in it.
- Now wash your feet and apply castor oil on the affected region.
- Sheild the affected area with a corn pad.
- Follow this procedure daily until the corns disappear.
Precautions To Consider
Keep the following precautions in mind while using the castor oil remedy.
- Always buy cold-pressed, hexane-free, and organic castor oil from a trusted brand.
- Do not file or scrap the dead skin caused by corns yourself, it can lead to bleeding and infection spread.
- Avoid this natural remedy if your skin is allergic to castor oil.
- Immediately seek medical attention if you find pus, swelling, redness, or worsening pain in the corns.
- To prevent corns always stay hygienic by keeping your feet clean, applying a moisturizer, and wearing the right size of shoes and socks.
- If the corns don’t go away within 2 weeks of treatment then consult your doctor.
Corns cause discomfort and irritation, so it is best to cure them immediately with castor oil. It is therapeutic, soothing, and pain-relieving in nature. Do follow this remedy and let us know your experience in the comment section.