Dreaming of luscious lips? Want to make them look fuller and wondering Does Castor Oil Make Your Lips Bigger? Read on to find out!
Castor oil is extracted from the Ricinus communis plant by cold-pressing and known for its health benefits. It is used in beauty products including lip balms, moisturizing cream, and lipsticks. Many users often ask does castor oil make your lips bigger? Is it safe to use for lip? Let’s find out!
This article covers:
- What is Castor Oil?
- Does Castor Oil Make Your Lips Bigger?
- Benefits of Using Castor Oil on Lips
- DIY Lip Balm Recipe
- Precautions To Consider
- Final Thoughts
What is Castor Oil?
Castor oil is a semi-transparent yellow liquid known for its therapeutic properties (1). It contains ricinoleic acid; a natural humectant that increases absorption and can treat various skin problems including acne, wounds, itchiness, and dermatosis.
Does Castor Oil Make Your Lips Bigger?
Being a natural moisturizer, castor oil is effective in hydrating and nourishing the lips. It is good for its health and adds a fuller look on the face. However, there are no scientific researches claiming this oil makes your lips bigger.
There are only two ways to make your lips bigger:
- Makeup; if you’re looking for a temporary solution.
- Surgery; if you want to increase the size of your lips permanently (2).
Benefits of Using Castor Oil on Lips
Though castor oil can’t make your lips bigger, there are many proven benefits of applying using it on them. They are:
Chemical filled cosmetics and harsh environments are responsible for damaging the lips leading to chapping and injury. Castor oil contains omega fatty acids which can hydrate and repair the lip skin (3).
Moisturizes Dry Lips
Castor oil is an effective humectant and helps in retaining moisture. It keeps the lips moisturized, fresh, and limber.
Prevents Lines and Wrinkles
Castor oil penetrates deep in the skin and nourishes it to the core, thereby preventing lines and wrinkles.
DIY Lip Balm Recipe
Prepare your own lip balm with our recipe. It is cost-effective, easy to prepare, and an excellent natural moisturizer.
You Will Need:
- Coconut Oil
- Castor Oil
- Grated Beeswax
- Vitamin E Oil
- Take a small saucepan and add one tablespoon each of castor oil and coconut oil along with a half tablespoon of grated beeswax.
- Heat the mixture on low flame so it can melt well.
- Once the mixture is liquified, stir it in a half tablespoon of vitamin E.
- After stirring let the mixture cool down and then transfer it to a lip balm tube.
- Your DIY Balm Recipe is ready!
Precautions To Consider
Before using the oil for lips do keep the following precautions in mind.
- Always use cold-pressed, hexane-free, and organic castor oil from a trusted brand.
- Rarely the oil is allergic to some skin types, so it is best to do a patch test before using it on lips.
Coming to the conclusion castor oil doesn’t change the size of your lips. It is possible only through makeup or surgery, but you can use it to treat chapped and dry lips. Do use this remedy and let us know your experience in the comment section!