It’s time to break out your sandals and get rid of unsightly toenail fungus. Start using this method to use Castor Oil to Treat Toenail Fungus this summer!
Summer is almost here and it’s time to break out your sandals once again. Are you worried about having to bury your feet in the sand during a day at the beach? When you have embarrassing toenail fungus, you will go to great lengths to keep others from noticing.
Not only is it hard to look at, but it can even be painful to walk with after a while. Fortunately, there is an easy solution that can help your fungus disappear and your nail to grow back healthier. You need to learn how to use castor oil to treat toenail fungus.
Get your feet in shape for the summer weather ahead with this helpful all-natural home remedy for fixing fungus.
In this article:
- What you need to know about toenail fungus
- How to use castor oil to treat toenail fungus
What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
A fungus can invade almost any part of the body including your toenails (1). This condition doesn’t discriminate based on your age or where you live. Anyone is susceptible to developing the thick and discolored toenails that are often associated with this condition. Keep in mind that it can even be caused by other infections such as athlete’s foot or spread from toe to toe.
You might be more at risk of developing toenail fungus if you are older, sweat heavily, walk around barefoot in wet areas, or have diabetes. A history of athlete’s foot or minor skin injury near the foot can also lead to an infection.
Some people miss the first warning signs that a toenail fungus is about to take over. One small white or yellow spot under the nail is the first sign that the infection is getting ready to spread (3). Most people don’t catch it until they have other symptoms, such as:
- Thicker toenails that are brittle or crumble easily
- White to yellow discoloration
- The odd shape of the nail
- Dark color beneath the nail
- Bad smell
Toenail fungus can be prevented by washing the feet regularly and keeping the nails trimmed. Make sure that your shoes and socks are clean and allow your feet to breathe.
How to Use Castor Oil to Treat Toenail Fungus
Sometimes, you don’t know that you’re developing an infection until it’s too late to prevent it. You will have to learn how to use castor oil to treat toenail fungus at this point.
This natural remedy is highly effective, great for the health of the nail, and can work quickly to eradicate any unsightly fungus.
You can use castor oil to treat toenail fungus because it is naturally antifungal due to the high volume of ricinoleic acid found in the solution. Studies confirm the antifungal and anti-oxidant action of castor oil. The ricinoleic acid found in castor oil also helps to reduce the inflammation that can come from a prolonged infection.
Castor Oil for Nail Fungus
The best thing you can do to use castor to treat toenail fungus is to take time for a relaxing foot soak. Creating your foot soak is actually very simple. All you’ll need is:
- 1 part castor oil
- 1 part Epsom salt
- 3 parts of water
- Mix all of your ingredients together to fill up your basin. You might also want to add some tea tree oil or another antibacterial essential oil as well. Then put your feet in and relax for fifteen to thirty minutes.
- If you’re serious about using castor oil to treat toenail fungus, you should also apply more castor oil to your feet when finished. Put on a pair of cotton socks and allow the oil to penetrate deep into the nails and skin. This should help to eliminate the infection much faster.
Preventing Toenail Fungus
Preventing toenail fungus is easy, just take note of the following points:
- Take care of your nails by keeping them clean and trimmed.
- Wear shoes in public places.
- Make sure your toes are dry after showering, especially the space between them.
- Avoid artificial nails and nail polish.
Final Thoughts: Castor Oil to Treat Toenail Fungus
Using the natural healing properties of castor oil, you can eliminate your toenail fungus faster than ever. Take a nice relaxing foot soak while you figure out how to use castor oil to treat toenail fungus. Your feet will be better nourished and more beautiful than ever before!