Do you know how beneficial is castor oil for baby hair? Read on to learn about taking care of your baby with this magical potion.
Castor oil is a wonderful remedy to nourish hair and provide essential nutrients to the scalp. It’s a natural and magical notion widely used in many home remedies. But is it safe to use castor oil for baby hair? Can parents include it in their baby care routine?
Today’s article will be about answering the queries and telling you everything you need to know about castor oil for the baby’s hair. You’ll learn:
- Is it safe to use castor oil for baby hair
- Benefits of using castor oil for baby hair
- How to Use Castor Oil on Baby’s Hair
- Precautions to Consider
- Final Thoughts
Is It Safe to Use Castor Oil for Baby Hair?
According to the FDA, castor oil is recognized as a safe and effective drug. So you can use castor oil for baby hairs without any hassles.
However, we highly recommend you to limit it to external use only. It’s a powerful laxative and can immensely affect the health of your baby. So as a responsible parent, don’t use castor oil internally.
Benefits of Using Castor Oil for Baby Hair
The antibacterial and antifungal properties of castor oil help in growing and moisturizing the hair. It offers the following benefits:
Promotes Hair Growth
Castor oil contains vitamin E, ricinoleic acid, linoleic acid, and oleic acid. These essential acids provide nutrients to the baby’s scalp and improve blood circulation. Thereby resulting in good hair growth.
Makes the Hair Smooth and Silky
The magical oil is a healing moisturizer that removes dryness and bacterias from the scalp and makes hair smooth and silky. The therapeutic properties and organic nature make castor oil an excellent baby care product.
How to Use Castor Oil on Baby’s Hair
Follow the instructions to use castor oil for baby hair.
- Mix a few drops of castor oil in the child’s bathing solution and gently apply it on the scalp. Leave it for some time then wash it with warm water.
- You can also combine castor oil and 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil in a small bowl. Massage it on the scalp and then wash it off with a mild shampoo. You can also use this for yourself to boost hair growth.
- Consult your doctor or do a patch test before following this procedure as sometimes castor oil is allergic to skin.
Precautions to Consider
Please consider the following precautions before using this helpful remedy:
- Always use organic, hexane-free, and cold-pressed castor oil from a trusted brand.
- Don’t let the castor oil seep in baby’s eyes, lips, nose, or ear. The reason being, it’s a powerful laxative and can lead to severe health consequences.
- Use the oil gently, without applying force on the scalp as the natural skin of the baby is fragile and soft.
- Avoid using castor oil orally. It can hinder a baby’s digestion and respiration process.
- Do consult your doctor before using castor oil as it is allergic for certain skin types and can cause skin problems
Including castor oil in your child’s hair routine is a good way to take care of these tender and soft strands.
Adding further, it’ll nourish the hair follicles with essential acids that will promote growth and moisturize them to make smooth and silky. However, as a responsible parent, please follow the instructions and precautions properly.
That’s all for today.
Thanks for reading!